Silver linings aren’t always easy to find, especially during a global pandemic, but when the world slowed down two years ago it gave me the chance to explore my relationship with cannabis consumption and stress. I was able to determine how, when, and why cannabis helps lower my stress and anxiety levels—and now I’m well-equipped with tried and tested suggestions to help you do the same.
My findings? The right dose of cannabis can help you feel lighter, brighter, and ready to tackle whatever the day might throw at you—in these extraordinary times and beyond. If you’re ready to join the many women who relieve stress with cannabis, read on for the tips I share with friends who want to feel better with weed. To brighter days ahead! ❤️ Ellen
WEED STARTER KIT FOR STRESS
1. HOW MUCH SHOULD I TAKE? CBD is legal in all 50 states and an accessible first step toward stress relief with cannabis. You’ll need to take it consistently for at least two weeks to feel the effects, which are a sense of overall well-being and more balance. Acute anxiety can be treated with very high doses of CBD, over 200 mg daily. High doses should be consumed under a medical provider’s care, and we trust Dr. June Chin & Sandra Guynes, RN.
2. WEED IS WEAKEST DURING YOUR PERIOD. The effects of cannabis can vary up to 30 percent depending on a woman’s time of the month. Your tolerance will be highest during days 1-5 of your cycle and lowest during days 17-28. Be prepared for the same products to feel different and add more or less depending on how you want to feel.
3. WANT TO FEEL BETTER FAST? Get the fastest relief, with effects kicking in within five minutes and lasting 2-3 hours, from smoking either a joint or vape. An oil tincture held under your tongue will start working in 15-30 minutes and last 1-3 hours. Edibles take 1-2 hours to feel and can last 6-8 hours.
4. WHICH STRAINS ARE BEST FOR STRESS? A 2019 study with over 11,000 patients showed a 58 percent reduction in anxiety and stress following use of high CBD, low THC cannabis. Try beloved stress relieving strains with high CBD like Harlequin, ACDC and Cannatonic. Can’t find them? Look for cannabis with THC levels under 15 percent.
5. AFRAID OF GETTING TOO HIGH? Make CBD oil tinctures your new pantry staple – they are equal to a get out of jail free card. Hold the oil under your tongue for 60 seconds to bring down your high & you’ll feel more like yourself in under 30 minutes. Always look for full spectrum CBD products and buy from women-run brands.