Last updated: October 19, 2021
Thanks for visiting How to Do the Pot! How to Do the Pot is a pioneering audio-first education platform demystifying cannabis for women.
Information We Collect
The types of Personal Information we collect depends on how you interact with us and which services you use.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us
When you engage with us in certain ways, you may submit information of your own accord, or be asked to do so to participate in certain activities. For instance, we collect information that you voluntarily provide in the following ways:
- Signing up to receive communications from us, subscribing to our newsletter, or completing a survey: When you engage in any of these activities, we may collect your name, email address and other contact details, interests, and any additional information you provide to us as part of that request (such as information about what cannabis topics you are most interested in learning about or your satisfaction with our podcast in response to a survey).
- Contacting us: When you contact us by email; through our branded social media accounts; through any integrated chat providers we may offer; or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your name, social media username, contact information, and the contents of your communication, which can include any information you choose to provide.
- Inviting friends or family: We may allow you to invite others to check out our Site or podcast. If you do this or are invited in this way, we will collect and store the invitee’s email address in order to enable us to send an invitation. We will also let the invitee know who invited them and let him/her request that his/her information be deleted from our systems.
- Registering for a contest, competition, or giveaways: From time to time, we may run contests or other competitions or giveaways. In these circumstances, we may collect your name, contact information, location, photos, demographic information, interests, and any other information relevant to that contest or competition or which you choose to provide.
- Providing user-generated content: From time to time, we may invite you to send us your writings, audio clips, photos, or videos in response to specific crowdsourcing requests. Providing this information is entirely voluntary. If you do participate, we will collect any information relevant to that crowdsourcing request or which you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect certain information about you automatically as you navigate our Site or interact with our emails. The type of information we collect automatically includes the following:
- Log information: We may collect log information about your use of our Site including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, approximate geographic location, and the webpage or online service you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device information: We may collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and, if applicable, mobile network information.
- Advertising and Analytics: We may allow third parties to provide analytics services and serve advertisements on our behalf across the internet and in mobile applications. They may use a variety of tools including cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and similar technologies to track your engagement with our Site as well as our online advertising and email marketing campaigns. These tools may capture information such as your IP address, device ID, web browser, mobile network information, pages viewed, time spend on pages, links clicked and conversion information. This information may be used by us and others to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Services, and to better understand your online activity. We may also use third-party platforms to help us promote interest-based advertisements. This can include converting the email address, phone number, or other contact information you have provided to us into a unique value that these platforms may compare to a unique value created on their platforms in order to identify you as part of an intended audience for our advertisements. Many analytics providers allow you to opt out from the collection of your Personal Information.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
- Social media platforms: We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow you to share content on our Site with third-party social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to use these social sharing features, the provider of the third-party social media platform may make certain information available to us. This can include information necessary to facilitate the integration as well as any additional information the provider chooses to share with us or which you have permitted the provider to share through your privacy settings. We encourage you to check the privacy settings and privacy policies of these third-party social media platforms to understand what information might be shared with us.
- Publicly available sources: We may supplement the information that we collect from you (such as your email address) with additional information about you obtained from publicly available websites and databases.
We may combine the information we collect about you from these various sources. If a combination of information that we collect identifies you as an individual, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How We Use Your Information
We collect the Personal Information described above so that we can:
- Provide the Services to you;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events we offer and provide news and information we believe will be of interest to you;
- Operate and improve our Site, including monitoring and analyzing usage, trends, and activities related to the Site;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- Enhance our communications and the experience we offer you, including requesting feedback about the Site and Services;
- Further our marketing and social strategies (including promoting our Services and using information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising our Services on third-party websites);
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to misuse of our Services or other unlawful behavior; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
How We Share Your Information
We may share information about you with certain third parties in the following circumstances:
- Companies under common control: We may share Personal Information between and among ELSV’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership.
- Vendors and service providers: To conduct business operations and provide our Services, we share Personal Information with a variety of third-party vendors and service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing email marketing or cloud-storage services.
- Other third parties: We may share your Personal Information with other third parties that provide advertising, campaign measurement, online analytics and other services, in order to help us reach individuals with relevant ads and measure our ad campaigns, or to better understand how individuals interact with both our Services and other online services over time and across devices.
- Social media platforms: Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow users to share information on our Site with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional.
- Public: We may offer features that allow you to connect with other users and communicate in public or semi-public spaces. If you use these features or post information on our branded social media pages, that information may be displayed and viewable by other users.
- Business transfers: We may share your Personal Information with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider.
- Legal requirements: We may share Personal Information when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect our rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability.
- Consent: We may share Personal Information with your consent and at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide that information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, for various purposes including compliance with various reporting obligations; for business or marketing purposes; or to assist third parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through our Services.
Your Rights and Choices
Depending on applicable law, you may have certain rights and choices with respect to your Personal Information. Those rights may be limited by local law requirements. You may exercise these rights by contacting us as specified below.
- Opting out of email marketing: You can opt-out of receiving our promotional emails by contacting our customer service team by following the on-screen opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 days for us to process your request, and you may continue receiving promotional communications from us during that period. If you opt-out of receiving such communications, please note that we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as emails related to our business relationship or emails about changes to our legal terms).
- Restricting cookies/Do Not Track: Our Site does not change its behavior in response to web browser “do not track” signals. However, you can configure most browsers to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie, giving you a chance to decide whether or not to accept it. You can consult the help section of your browser to find out how to do this. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Limiting Information Available Through Social Media Platforms: If you want to limit or stop receipt of information from third-party social media platforms, you can change your privacy settings on those other websites. You also may choose not to use social features we make available.
- Access, Update, or Delete Your Information: To access, update, or delete information we maintain about you please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that even if you ask us to delete your information, we may keep certain Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for legitimate business purposes, such as to resolve disputes or enforce our agreements. We may also keep cached archived copies of Personal Information for a certain period of time.
Our Services are intended for adults and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 (or a higher age threshold where applicable) has given us Personal Information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites and Third-Party Content
We use generally accepted administrative and technical safeguards we believe are appropriate to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your Personal Information. Although we make reasonable efforts to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk in any system for transmitting and storing information electronically. We cannot and do not guarantee absolute security. If you believe your Personal Information has been compromised through your use of our Services, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.