Have you heard of an entrepreneur named Esther Howland? She built a makeshift assembly line in her home, hired a crew of women, paid them fairly, and was the first to create wildly popular cards celebrating Valentine’s Day – in 1840! What is now the second most popular reason to send a greeting card (after Christmas) was the brainchild of a hard-working, creative woman. In celebration of the lasting impact of Esther’s impulse to spread love, we’ve created a podcast playlist – an easy-to-share weed library – with the key topics helping women navigate legal cannabis today.
And since good things come in small packages, check out our episode for women who are new to weed, or coming back after a long break. It answers the practical questions we hear most from women about how to use cannabis for stress, sleep, sex, chronic pain, and fun. I hope it’s a great resource for you, and please pass it along! Teaching a friend how to find their way with weed is a true gesture of love. Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️ Ellen
WEED: WHERE TO START
1. STRESS – If you’re open to replacing prescription pills with cannabis, the first thing to understand is the science behind why it works. All humans have an endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for creating balance in the body. Cannabis for stress is often more subtle than prescription anxiety meds and brings on a sense of well-being in body & mind. A low-dose mix of CBD and THC is a popular way to start.
2. PAIN – Since our bodies use pain as a way to communicate with us, one approach is to manage symptoms rather than numb the pain altogether. If you’re interested in a more natural approach to pain management, topical cannabis can help. A lotion or cream on painful spots reduces inflammation, which is often at the root of aches and pains. Look for full spectrum CBD products, which are available in all 50 states, or THC products in legal states.
3. SLEEP – To find the right cannabis for better sleep, first answer this question: do you want extra support falling asleep or staying asleep? No one wants to feel groggy in the morning, so start slowly with a low dose of THC to fall asleep and add CBD to help you sleep through the night. Women have said to me: “I don’t like weed, I just take a gummy to sleep every night”. Confused yet? I wish I could tell you it’s as simple as popping a pill. Stay tuned for How to Do the Pot’s upcoming podcast series that will break down everything you need to know about sleep & weed.
4. SEX – Looking for ways to elevate your sex life? Consider bringing cannabis into the bedroom. There’s so much to experiment with, from cannabis-infused bath salts to weed lube, and even suppositories. Aside from the immediate benefits you’ll experience from consuming weed before sex, like increased libido and relief from any pain, having more sex – with yourself or a partner – provides long-term benefits to your overall health. Start here if you’re ready to give it a try.
5. FUN – Please do not underestimate the power of having a good time with weed! Cannabis can enhance already fun times or bring a smile & laugh to a long week. Ever wondered why food tastes so much better with weed? The dopamine released in our brains after consuming makes eating more pleasurable — and is also what enhances creative activities. Pre-rolls are a fun way to explore new strains. Looking for the Giggly Pot? Try XJ-13 for its moderately intoxicating, energizing, happy high without anxiety.