This is probably one of the most well-loved cannabis recipes of all time: canna-butter! It’s undeniably one of the most resourceful edibles out there since you can add this as an ingredient to other cannabis recipes. Get in on the fun – learn how to make cannabutter and impress your pot buddies today!
(makes about 12oz)
8-10 grams cannabis, decarboxylated
1 pound unsalted European butter, clarified or Ghee
2 tablespoons lecithin granules
1. Decarboxylate the cannabis. Preheat oven to 225F, and place the buds of cannabis on a parchment lined baking sheet. Allow to bake for 20-25 minutes or until highly fragrant. Be careful not to allow the cannabis to burn. A good oven thermometer is useful to keep an eye on consistent temperature. Meanwhile, melt the butter and set aside.
2. On the stovetop, prepare a large pot with water filled a little less than 1/2 way, and bring to a simmer.
3. Remove the cannabis from the oven and set aside to cool.
4. Once cooled, grind the decarbed cannabis.
5. Add ground, debarbed cannabis, lecithin, and melted butter to mason jar. Close jar tightly.
6. Place the mason jar(s) in the water, and allow to simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Never allow the water to get to a full boil.
7. Remove the mason jar from the water, and let set until cool enough to touch. Strain the canna-butter with cheesecloth, and allow it to drain freely. Don’t squeeze out the cheesecloth.
8. Pour into molds, store in an airtight container, or use immediately. Keep refrigerated.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CANNABIS RECIPES BY CHEF AMANDA JACKSON VISIT HER INSTAGRAM