This is probably one of the most well-loved cannabis recipes of all time: canna-butter! It’s without a doubt one of the most resourceful edibles out there. A true cannabis cooking staple, you can add this as an ingredient to other cannabis recipes. Get in on the fun – learn how to make weed butter with this step-by-step recipe and impress your weed-loving friends today!
(makes about 12oz)
COOKING TIME: 4.5 hours
8-10 grams cannabis, decarboxylated
1 pound or 2 cups of butter (unsalted Europea, clarified, or Ghee)
2 tablespoons lecithin granules
- Decarboxylate the cannabis: Preheat the oven to 225F, and place the buds (cannabis flower) on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Allow to bake for 20-25 minutes or until highly fragrant. Be careful not to allow the cannabis to burn. A good oven thermometer is useful to keep an eye on consistent temperature.
- Melt the butter and set aside.
- On the stovetop, prepare a large pot with water filled a little less than 1/2 way, and bring to a simmer.
- Remove the cannabis from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, grind the decarbed cannabis.
- Add ground, debarbed cannabis, lecithin, and melted butter to the mason jar. Close the jar tightly.
- Place the mason jar(s) in the water, and allow to simmer for 3 to 4 hours. Never allow the water to get to a full boil during the infusion process.
- Remove the mason jar from the water, and let the cannabis infused butter set until cool enough to touch. Strain the canna-butter with cheesecloth, and allow it to drain freely. Don’t squeeze out the cheesecloth.
- Pour into molds, store in an airtight container, or use immediately. Keep refrigerated.
Butter is an ideal medium for cannabis infusion because it’s delicious, and versatile to use. Learn how to make cannabis butter with this recipe and then enjoy its many uses. Spread it on toast, use it to make other homemade edibles, baked goods, and a lot more!
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CANNABIS RECIPES BY CHEF AMANDA JACKSON VISIT HER INSTAGRAM